Saturday 11 February 2012

Only one day to go...

Today is the last day before I travel to Zambia with WaterAid.  I have been finishing off my packing and hoping that I don't exceed my 23kg luggage allowance!

On Thursday I recorded my first ever interview - with a local radio station, Radio Cambridgeshire.  They are hoping to broadcast it early next week, so I hope that I did a good job getting across the right message about the great work that WaterAid does to help some of the world's poorest people get access to clean water and proper sanitation facilities.

Zambia were successful in their semi-final of the Africa Cup of Nations and will play in the final on Sunday evening - kick-off will be about the same time that we leave Heathrow en route to Lusaka.  By the time we land on Monday morning we will know whether or not the nation will be celebrating.

Fingers crossed that we have internet access at our hotel in Monze.  Until then I won't know how often I will be able to keep you up to date with what we are doing...

No comments:

Post a Comment